Woobamboo Bamboo Toothbrushes
- Utilize organically grown bamboo!
- Are sustainably grown and panda-friendly!
- Have biodegradable handles!
- Are antimicrobial!
Literally billions (yes, with a “B”) of toothbrushes end up in the world’s oceans and landfills every year. The amount in the United States alone weighs the same as 11,500 full grown African elephants. This is a problem that has a solution. Whether you use WooBamboo, or any other brand of natural toothbrush, making the switch is easy.
Toothbrushes are packaged in recycled and recyclable materials. The backing cards are made with post-consumer waste, and are (re)recyclable. The plastic used is called polyethylene terephthalate (PET): arguably the most easily recycled plastic commercially available. Unlike other plastics that can be recycled once only, PET plastic is not only thinner than other plastics, but can be continuously recycled many times over.
But why use plastic at all?
1) Sterility. It’s a toothbrush, so you’ll inevitably be putting it in your mouth. The safest way to guarantee these brushes are clean is to deliver them to you sealed in plastic blister packs.
2) Retail-friendliness. Every time someone decides to buy one of these eco-friendly toothbrushes, its one less plastic brush ending up in a landfill. So: We can only change the world if people actually buy the toothbrush. Sure, they can put them in a 100% biodegradable box instead of our blister – but they’re nowhere near as appealing to consumers. Is it a compromise? Yes. It is. Is it the most eco-friendly solution? No. But, again, looking at the big picture, the packaging is the best solution for the goal of replacing as many plastic toothbrushes as possible.