- 330 Washes
- Organic & Biodegradable.
- Naturally sourced, non toxic, allergy free laundry detergent.
- Works in all types of washing machines.
- Allergy UK Approved Product.
Ecozone Soap Nuts are economical and effective, they save you money by replacing washing detergents.
The 1kg organic cotton bag holds enough soap nuts for 330 washes which is an average of 3p per wash.
Soap nuts have been used for thousands of years as a natural washing detergent by people native to both Asia and the Americas. Also known as Soap Berries the soap nuts grow on trees of the sapindus genus and are a source of Saponin a natural surfactant which cleans and freshens your clothes.
Soap nuts are gentle on your clothes, colours stay brighter for longer, whilst effectively removing dirt.
Soap Nuts and Cotton Bags.
Soap nuts are easy to use. Heres how
1. Put the required amount of soap nuts into the small bag provided and tie tightly.
2. Place laundry in the machine with the soap nuts on top and run your normal program.
3. At the end of the wash remove the bag of soap nuts and allow to dry. These can be re used up to three times. Optional step - Place washbag into jar with warm water for 3 minutes. This helps to release the soap.
For lightly soiled clothes use 3-5 nuts.
For Heavily soiled clothes 4-6 nuts.
For hard water areas you should use 7 nuts.
See below for additional tips.
Soak stubborn stains, greasy clothes and textiles overnight in bicarbonate of soda or soda crystals overnight, before washing normally. Use cold water as hot water will set stains.
During Wash: Add 2 tablespoons of soda crystals in the powder drawer along with your soapnut shells. For softer clothes, linens and towels add vinegar to the wash instead of fabric softener.
Comments & Customer Reviews
- Environmentally friendly products.
Respecting the environment can be a way of living every day. By giving you planet-friendly solutions to your household problems, Ecozone hope you’ll be able to make choices that are better for you and everyone else, the world over.
The Ecozone Laundry Range helps you reduce the temperature that laundry can be washed at and still be fabulously clean.
Using Ecozone’s laundry products at low temperatures will reduce your household CO2 emissions and save you money.